Domestic violence and abuse
Is your child violent and/or abusive at home?
As a parent, this can be very hard to deal with. But it's important to know that you're not alone. It's not uncommon for a teenager to behave violently in the home. There may be a lot of different reasons for this, like:
- they have fallen into a gang
- they may be experiencing bullying or other problems at school
- they have got involved in drug or alcohol abuse
If any of these apply, you may wish to view our pages on these topics:
Whatever the reasons, violence or abuse in any form is unacceptable. If the situation seems to be beyond your control maybe you need to seek help.
What can you do?
- Get impartial, professional advice.
- Talk to your child's teacher.
- Try to set consistent boundaries for them.