Personal theft

More help and advice

information sites

Reporting crime

  • Immobilise

    Register your mobile phone, MP3, laptop and other possessions at a website such as

  • The Sharp System

    The ‘School Help Advice Reporting Page’ (SHARP) allows young people to confidentially report incidents which occur within their school and local community. Pages are run by individual schools that have signed up to the scheme. This link will take you through to a list of all the London schools that are so far involved.

    The Sharp System
  • Crimestoppers

    If you want to provide information about a crime without talking to the police, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111. Crimestoppers is an independent charity. On their website you can also click through to the section for young people called ‘Shadow CS’.


Other support

  • ChildLine

    ChildLine is the free helpline and online service for children and young people in the UK. Children and young people can call 0800 1111 or visit to talk to a trained counsellor about any problem, or talk to other young people on the message boards.

  • Victim Support

    If you have been the victim of a robbery or any other crime, this website provides help and support in dealing with what happened. On this page they've provided with a checklist of belongings to look out for with suggestions for how to deal with them and help avoid further problems. Telephone - 0845 30 30 900.

    Victim Support

The Metropolitan Police is not responsible for pages maintained by external providers or for the content held within them. The sites listed above have been identified as useful resources for providing additional information on some of the topics discussed on this site.